The tool is of robust construction with many features that put it ahead of its competitors. These features include:
- Wider opening than any other tool on the market.
- Adjustable opening. It can be adjusted from 0 to 80mm wide.
- The large arch on the jaw gives it a larger tying diameter than its competitors.
- Holds more staples than other tape tools, therefore less time wasted with loading.
- The staple slide is fixed to the tool so it won’t get lost when re-loading staples.
- The tape is simple to load, again leading to less downtime.
- The tape can be tensioned for tighter ties or flower bunching.
- Smooth easy action requiring less effort.
- Blades are longer than other brands giving them a better cutting capacity and longer life.
- Simes tape cuts better and has a much better stretching capacity than other tapes.
- The tape also comes in several colours and grades.
- Simes staples are better glued than other brands resulting in less jamming in operation.
- The staples are slightly crimped for a 100% success rate.